Friday, April 4, 2008

Recapitation, 4/2

Hi everyone!
This past Wednesday we met at Erin's house and had some fabulous spaghetti. Thanks so much Erin for your super hosting skills!

We decided to think again about what we learned from Joseph's visit this past weekend. We remembered his idea of think of the impossible and then do it. Amanda did just this this past week and thought of an amazing way to help the Africa Hope Center. You probably read about that in her email...And lets be sure to meet on Sunday to get that rolling!

Another idea that I know stuck with me was one of listening to God's leading during our service. Many times it is easy to think of ways we want to help, and then proceed to fight as hard as we can to make that happen. I know I do that sometimes in my service desires. Corey gave a good example, that sometimes when we do this we are feeding the demon possessed, and casting out demons from the hungry. In other words, we do things out of selfish ambition rather than to actually serve a need that God has spoken to us about. I think that reminds me of James somehow...

So a few things to remember: lets always be in prayer to listen humbly for God's leading in our lives of service. And let's not let the passion for serving through the Africa Hope Foundation die down. Those two things are an interesting combination, so let's pray about that too! Also, there was an idea of putting together a care package for Joseph and his family that Traci can deliver when she visits soon.

I hope everyone has had a great week. One more idea I've been thinking about that I get to throw in there just cause I worte the update =). A yoga instructor at the YMCA has a habit of encouraging people to try certian poses in "any amount." So there I am, thinking how imposible it is to try some new pose, I might as well just sit this one out. But then the instructor chimes in, "Move your arms up, in any amount." Then I feel freedom and relief that I don't have to be perfect, just give it a try, in any amount, and I am able to move one tiny inch closer to the goal. I've thought of this several times as we've been thinking how we can make any difference in the problems we face as a society and as individuals. So relax, just move towards the goal in any amount.

No comments: