Saturday, May 19, 2007

Colossians 1:17

Colossians 1:17--He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

There is a method of reading scripture called "lectio divina" (divine reading). It is a process of reading scripture, then meditating on the words, phrases, or verses that jump out at you. You may read the same scripture multiple times... each time having a different result. Why do certain things stay with us, when others pass without effect? Maybe those are what God wants us to hear, see, and know at that moment.

Tonight...out of the entire book, Colossians 1:17 resonated in my heart. The world is ever changing. My own life has gone through some major changes in the past year. It is a completely different life that I'm still learning how to live. God continues to take my life apart and reorder the pieces, creating a new picture. I used to question why and search for reason. Now I know, that it's in His plan, and the results will be more than I could ever have imagine. Faithfully, I have laid my life before Him, and consequentially, He is holding me together. Tonight, that's what I needed to hear.

1 comment:

Jonathan Ellis said...

Thanks for the comments, Erin. Its motivating. I think those words are going to need to be real to Meredith and I too in the next couple years as we are surrounded by new people, new places, and new challenges.